GOD: There is one God, who exists eternally in three distinct but equal persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God is unchangeable in his holiness, justice, wisdom and love. He is the almighty Creator; Saviour and Judge who sustains and governs all things according to his sovereign will for his own glory.
2. THE BIBLE: God has revealed himself in the Bible, which consists of the Old and New Testaments alone. Every word was inspired by God through human authors, so that the Bible as originally given is in its entirety the Word of God, without error and fully reliable in fact and doctrine. The Bible alone speaks with final authority and is always sufficient for all matters of belief and practice.
3. THE HUMAN RACE: All men and women, being created in the image of God, have inherent and equal dignity and worth. Their greatest purpose is to obey, worship and love God. As a result of the fall of our first parents, every aspect of human nature has been corrupted and all men and women are without spiritual life, guilty sinners and hostile to God. Every person is therefore under the just condemnation of God and needs to be born again, forgiven and reconciled to God in order to know and please him.
4. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST: The Lord Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, and lived a sinless life in obedience to the Father. He taught with authority and all his words are true. On the cross he died in the place of sinners, bearing God’s punishment for their sin, redeeming them by his blood. He rose from the dead and in his resurrection body ascended into heaven where he is exalted as Lord of all. He intercedes for his people in the presence of the Father.
5. SALVATION: Salvation is entirely a work of God’s grace and cannot be earned or deserved but given by grace. It has been accomplished by the Lord Jesus Christ and is offered to all in the gospel. God in his love forgives sinners whom he calls, granting them repentance and faith. Justification by faith alone: All who believe in Christ are justified by faith alone, adopted into the family of God and receive eternal life.
6. THE HOLY SPIRIT: The Holy Spirit has been sent from heaven to glorify Christ and to apply his work of salvation. He convicts sinners, imparts spiritual life and gives a true understanding of the Scriptures. He indwells all believers, brings assurance of salvation and produces increasing likeness to Christ. Work in the church: He builds up the Church and empowers its members for worship, service and mission.
7. THE CHURCH: The universal Church is the body of which Christ is the head and to which all who are saved belong. It is made visible in local churches, which are congregations of believers who are committed to each other for the worship of God, the preaching of the Word, the administering of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper; for pastoral care and discipline, and for evangelism. The unity of the body of Christ is expressed within and between churches by mutual love, care and encouragement. True fellowship between churches exists only where they are faithful to the gospel.
8. BAPTISM AND THE LORD’S SUPPER: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper have been given to the churches by Christ as visible signs of the gospel. Baptism is a symbol of union with Christ and entry into his Church but does not impart spiritual life. It is ordained by Jesus Christ to be a sign to the person baptised of several things: first, of fellowship with Christ in his death and resurrection, and of belonging to him, and of forgiveness of sins, and of commitment to God, through Jesus Christ, to live and walk in newness of life. Only those who profess repentance towards God, faith in, and obedience to, our Lord Jesus Christ, are the proper subjects of baptism. The person is to be baptised in water, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Immersion in water is necessary to the right administration of baptism. The Lord’s Supper is a commemoration of Christ’s sacrifice offered once and for all and this involves breaking of bread and drinking of wine, which represent the blood of Jesus and His Body.
9. THE FUTURE: The Lord Jesus Christ will return in glory. He will raise the dead and judge the world in righteousness. The wicked will be sent to eternal punishment and the righteous will be welcomed into a life of eternal joy in fellowship with God. God will make all things new and will be glorified forever.
Having accepted and received the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour and Lord, on the confession of our faith and being baptised in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, we now in the presence of God and the church assembly, gladly enter into covenant with our lord Jesus-Christ becoming the Body of Christ.
With the guidance and leading of the Holy Spirit we will walk together in Christian love, to pursue the advancement of this church by promoting its prosperity, spirituality and to maintain its worship, discipline doctrines and ordinances by:
Encouraging family devotions
Contributing to support the ministry
Supporting the poor
Spreading the gospel to all nations